At Auto Works of Brandon, we see a wide range of issues come through our doors. And while BMW is a very reliable brand of car to own, like with any machine, problems do crop up. We wanted to take a look at some of the top service issues that BWM vehicles tend to have:
- Electronic Problems. By far, this is one of the most common issues we see with BMWs coming through our doors. As cars have gotten more complex, with more electronic components, there are more opportunities for them to break down. And as anyone who has fiddled with a computer can tell you — even when you do everything right, sometimes things still go wrong.
Most of the time, these types of problems are relatively easy to service and repair. Many times, an upgrade to the onboard systems will resolve issues, or swapping out a single part will fix the problem.
- Window Problems. While it doesn’t hold true for every BMW model, some have been known to have issues with their regulators, causing the windows to either work slowly, or refuse to work at all. In most cases, simply replacing that part will resolve the issue.
- Door Locks. In many cases, if the remote isn’t unlocking the door, it is a fairly simple fix — even just replacing the batteries in the remote can sometimes resolve the issue entirely. If that doesn’t do the trick — if, for example, the remote has lost its pairing with the vehicle — we can service that issue and get you back on the road fairly quickly.
- Tire Troubles. Especially with some of the run-flat models of tires, a crack in the alloy can cause a slow leak, leaving you with a flat tire when you can least afford it. Unlike with some of the other issues, we will actually have to replace that whole part to resolve the problem and get you driving again.
- Engine Problems. The final, and perhaps most costly and time consuming, are issues surrounding the engine. The parts most likely to fail include the ignition module, clutch and injectors, all of which can cause massive problems — and more damage — if they aren’t handled immediately.
None of these BMW service and repair issues are all that major, fortunately, and can often be taken care of relatively quickly. In general, it is a good idea to have a certified BMW service technician, such as the ones on staff here at Auto Works of Brandon, give the vehicle an annual maintenance check to catch many of these things before they become an issue. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment.
Auto Works of Brandon
211 N Kings Ave
Brandon, FL 33510-4303
Phone: (813) 657 4399